I guess turning anon back on wasn’t as bad a thing as I thought.
Thanks for the kind words, greyface.
(now fully expecting the hate to roll in in 3…2…1…)
And all I can think about is:
Oh, Will, things seem so simple and easy for you now, what with being a prince and all. But wait…
You haven’t met him yet, have you?
Have you, Will?
Oh, Will…I’m so, so sorry.
Hello and good morning.
- Last night, we finally finished Star Trek: Voyager, after several months of viewing it on and off. We’re gonna miss it. The seventh season was such an improvement over the middle of the series. I also realized while watching the finale that I had never seen it before. We’re moving on to DS9 next, and fully expect it to take us about a year to get through as well since we tend to do our Star Trek series viewing when there’s nothing else in the queue.
- This morning, we were hoping to get out of the house and down to either the Woodland Park Zoo or the Pacific Science Museum, but Arwen is still running a bit of a fever. Instead, Stacie whipped up some blueberry muffins from a recipe in one of our bed & breakfast cookbooks and we’re watching Swiss Family Robinson. Crazy what they were able to get away with in terms of animal treatment back in 1960.
- Last night, I watched a genuinely good person on here get attacked mercilessly for asking a simple question about the term “spirit animal.” Instead of receiving intelligent, well-thought-out responses, she was barraged with attacks. She was called racist, insensitive, privileged, and told her feelings were inconsequential. Because she asked a question and wanted feedback. As great as this place can be, it can also be a total crapstain, filled with uneducated bullies who like nothing more than to attack people for no reason.
- Noah Gunderson’s new album, Ledges, is really terrific, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Here’s a good read about what it’s like to be not famous and go to the OSCARS® with someone who’s really famous.
- Prince and 3RDEYEGIRL, along with the NPG Hornz, are gonna be at The Hollywood Palladium in LA tonight, doing one of their surprise pop-up concerts. They only announced it 30 minutes ago. Oh, to be in LA right now and have $100 in my pocket.
- I have to go grocery shopping today and feel absolutely no motivation to do so.
- It’s still time for a change. Just not sure what yet.
A sub-blog I’ve never actually posted to turned 3 today. I feel like a negligent parent.
Is Jaws the protagonist in Jaws?
Hmm, good question. I would say yes. They spend a lot of time trying to set Brody up to be the protagonist and hero. But let’s be honest, it’s us on their turf when we go into the ocean. Not trying to be a Greenpeace-y eco-terrorist, but we’ve done a ton of damage to the natural habitat and ecosystems of far too many creatures above and below sea level.
The only reason I ever want to leave a party is because at some point I get tired of wearing pants and it starts to really bother me.
This is why I:
- host my own parties; and,
- always tell people real pants are optional. Sweat pants, pajama pants or shorts are included as acceptable attire in the dress code.
Preferably someone whip smart, responsive, great communicator who wants to eventually become a product manager with my mentorship. General Assembly is a really special place and I promise the role will be intellectually challenging and stimulating.
Email me at email@example.com if you are interested.
Honestly, it would be stupid of me not to throw my name in the hat for this. The very opportunity to work with Dave, who is genuinely one of the smartest people I’ve ever met on here (not to mention the fact that he sent me a super cool robot painting), would in and of itself be worth it. Sadly, the idea of moving my family all the way across this great nation again doesn’t seem feasible at this time, so I instead signal boost this and tell ALL of you that you would be stupid for not at least submitting a resume to him.
helms-deep - I thought you’d appreciate this one. Its my cousin’s birthday cake that my aunt made as a surprise for him. (After teasing him that he was getting a Barbie cake as that’s the pan she used to make the dome.)
Oh…oh my. This is doing it for me. Really nice job! Thanks for sharing.
I’ve got a love-ly bunch of coffee mugs *deedly-dee* Here they are standing in a row. Big ones! Small ones! Some as big as your head!