Okay, on to happier things.
So, I haven’t forgotten about it, but I’ve simply had no time to record a video to do the giveaway. Here’s what I’m going to do instead: I will list all of the finalists for this round below, in no particular order. Later today, I’ll shoot a crude, crappy cell phone video of Arwen pulling the winner out of a hat, and then I will officially “like” that post. I’ll then contact that person via Tumblr’s incredibly crude and unreliable messaging system and let them know they’ve won. Once I know that they know that they’ve one, I will announce the winner by posting the video.
Here are the finalists:
- Chloe & Auntie Val’s Play Day - evangotlib
- Kelly Walks 37,450 Steps In One Week! - kvknowsherfun
- Ermergerd! Robots and tea! Tea robots! - clairesalcedo
- Eff Yes! KMFDM! - causticgrip
- Sam Monday - herblondness
- The Modern Essential Overnight Kit - section9
- Lily’s Half-Birthday - wheremygreengrassgrows
- Everyone Will Have Coffee In The 23rd Century - confusedfriendliness
- Weather People Are The Worst - jennhoney
- Gonna Need A New Blog Title - ourtwolittlemonkeys
- The Final 10 Minutes of “Six Feet Under” - inothernews
- Doing Late Dinner Right - womaninterrupted
- Here, Look At My Dog - runeybadger
- Shameless Pandering For More Free Coffee - middlemanagementlivingthedream
- Here, Look At Baby Widget - ladyofthehouse
Okay, that’s 15 finalists culled down from over 80 potentials. Not bad. We’ll get the video shot and up later today, hopefully.
Happy Monday, everyone.
So this happened last night. Met one of my oldest Tumblr friends in real life for the first time.
This is the magic of Tumblr - creating new relationships. Would have never met this fellow dad, techie and video dude if not for Tumblr as we live 3,000 miles apart.
Good stuff right here.
Blurry Evan is blurry.
What a great night. Good food, and GREAT conversation. And we can’t wait to eventually get together with saraplainandtall the next time Evan is out here with Chloe for a most excellent play date.
It’s hard for me not to get emotional when I think about how incredible this community has been for me. Project IRL is off to a great start so far in 2013.
And so here’s the question: Who’s next?
Happy Friday everyone.
- Still not a big fan of 2013 so far, however
- My own little “Project IRL” is off to a decent start this year. I’m getting to meet Evan, a fellow dad, geek, and dear friend, for dinner and drinks tomorrow night. Hoping that becomes a trend throughout the year. Who wants to be next?
- I like the Foo Fighters. Unashamedly.
- I’ve gone over 40 years of my life without corrective lenses. I think that’s about to come to an end soon.
- I think the Muppets have at least one song in their extensive 40+ year repertoire that fits every situation and mood that life could throw at you.
- There are some projects that I’ve set aside that I need to pick back up and get to work on, once life calms down a bit. I think they have potential.
- We desperately need a vacation.
- But right now, I desperately need more coffee.
gingeredjess replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
Ugh, I hate when that happens.
jennhoney replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
and just like the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake, 2013 can still be delicious. I suggest Dense Chocolate Loaf in bed!
I like this idea. I’ll be in my bunk…but not in the way you think.
confusedfriendliness replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
evangotlib replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
Duuude…sorry. But hey, that’s good for the diet that it failed!
Actually, I picked this cake because it’ actually pretty low in calories and sugar per serving. But…well…keep reading.
womaninterrupted replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
bakewithavengeance replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
That’s what you get for calling it “Dense”. Rude, sir.
I know. I should be kinder to my baked goods.
I bet it’s still tasty!
accol replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
Chocolate is one of those things that is good regardless of the packaging. Great metaphor for good friends, y/y? :)
GREAT metaphor indeed, buddy.
ladyofthehouse replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
oh. oh man, but you know that’s the kind of failure you eat with loving shame. it didn’t work, but destroying all the evidence will be wonderful.
This is true. I just got off a FaceTime call with Stacie, and we have decided to put spoonfuls of it in a bowl, warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds, top it with some vanilla bean ice cream and salted caramel sauce, and call it “Oops Chocolate Cake Sundae”.
That will help take the sting off the fail.
Thanks everyone. =)
Fitocracy is great but it's more for people who are already in a strong gym routine. It will be good for us in six months. And we can't rely on our wives because as awesome as they are, let's face it they are both already at max with work, kids and literally everything else. No, this is about you and me keeping ourselves honest. Maybe via tumblr? A blog and reblog system? I have a spare Jawbone Up that they sent me. Would you wear it 24/7? It's made so you can monitor someone else.
If it keeps me accountable to you? YES! I need to get off my ass and get this weight off. We have an elliptical. We have weights (dumbells, etc.). We have a Kinect with Your Shape Fitness, Kinect Sports, etc. I have no excuse. I just need to discipline myself to actually DO SOMETHING daily. And that would definitely help.
And…I just made this public….but that’s not a bad thing.
In 2013, I need to get serious about my health and my weight. It’s time. Keep me accountable, Tumblr. It’s on.
I thought it might be a good idea to go ahead and draft out our current campaign platform for everyone to review. We feel as if our candidates for POTUS and VPOTUS are clearly the right women/toddlers for the job. Here are some of the issues we are currently fighting for:
- First and foremost, Big Bird stays. Any attempt to get rid of Big Bird, Sesame Street, or any PBS funding, or any sort of educational funding, will be met with swift action.
- We want more positive female role models and protagonists in media. No more Honey Boo-Boo, no more Jersey Shore, no more Bellas from Twilight.
- We don’t really like “Hail to the Chief.” The “Star Wars Main Theme” is perfectly fine (that one might be our Dads’ idea). A song from “The Backyardigans” or the Sesame Street theme are also good.
- We are pro-nap. We are much better at leading the country when we are well-rested, and much less prone to a temper tantrum that might lead to us bombing Iran.
- Although Vice Presidential Candidate Arwen has been pro-walking for sometime, Presidential Candidate Chloe’s stance has recently changed to pro-walking as well. This is not a flip-flop, merely a natural evolution of her position on this matter.
- Women deserve to make as much as men. Especially the women who feed us and play with us. They are awesome.
- No child is too young to be introduced to Star Wars themed toys.
We would also like to announce that Chloe’s Aunt Valerie has offered to be our official legal counsel.
Finally, never forget the most important thing, and the thing that makes us feel like we are the BEST candidates for the job:
Last night was the debate, which, might I add, doesn’t need to even be watched. Simply follow along on the Tumblr dash and you get the best highlights.
Anyway, during the debate last night, Chloe’s dad, Evan (because let’s be honest, that’s just the way it is…I’m Arwen, Greer, and Storie’s dad) reblogged the following from his sister:
I, in turn, sent him an ask box message, and he replied:
Then I had way too much time on my hands this morning and created this:
You can consider this our official announcement. We are creating a Presidential Exploratory Committee, and will begin campaigning after the November election. We figure with a 44 year jump on everyone else, our chances are looking pretty good.
Phase 2 of costume-making is now complete. Ev has a Halloween party to go to, and then there’s Halloween itself a few days later, also there’s the bonus of the knit cap to keep warm (which can then be used for winter-time!)
I’m sure I’ve just unlocked some sort of maximum geek parent achievement, right?
Not even close. What you’ve actually done is WIN ALL THE HALLOWEENS.
Woot, so I should also show you this:
Ev insisted that if he was going to be this cool, Chloe needed to be this cool too.
We’ll send hers out tomorrow :)
ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME???
I HAVE ALL THE GOOSEBUMPS.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
And this is why I love Tumblr.
Sound off for me. Everyone ok? Been thinking about you all day.
evangotlib replied to your photo: She’s talking to me. Don’t know what she’s saying,…
She wants to know if you’ve pre-ordered tickets to “The Hobbit.”
This comment wins the internet tonight.