You need to come to NY and celebrate your birthday with tloth and me. All the May birthdays!
Not sure if this is the best idea ever…or potentially the worst idea ever. I’m not sure if NYC would ever be the same. I do think that regardless of when I make it out there to meet you guys, it will be epic and memorable. =)
Okay, on to happier things.
So, I haven’t forgotten about it, but I’ve simply had no time to record a video to do the giveaway. Here’s what I’m going to do instead: I will list all of the finalists for this round below, in no particular order. Later today, I’ll shoot a crude, crappy cell phone video of Arwen pulling the winner out of a hat, and then I will officially “like” that post. I’ll then contact that person via Tumblr’s incredibly crude and unreliable messaging system and let them know they’ve won. Once I know that they know that they’ve one, I will announce the winner by posting the video.
Here are the finalists:
- Chloe & Auntie Val’s Play Day - evangotlib
- Kelly Walks 37,450 Steps In One Week! - kvknowsherfun
- Ermergerd! Robots and tea! Tea robots! - clairesalcedo
- Eff Yes! KMFDM! - causticgrip
- Sam Monday - herblondness
- The Modern Essential Overnight Kit - section9
- Lily’s Half-Birthday - wheremygreengrassgrows
- Everyone Will Have Coffee In The 23rd Century - confusedfriendliness
- Weather People Are The Worst - jennhoney
- Gonna Need A New Blog Title - ourtwolittlemonkeys
- The Final 10 Minutes of “Six Feet Under” - inothernews
- Doing Late Dinner Right - womaninterrupted
- Here, Look At My Dog - runeybadger
- Shameless Pandering For More Free Coffee - middlemanagementlivingthedream
- Here, Look At Baby Widget - ladyofthehouse
Okay, that’s 15 finalists culled down from over 80 potentials. Not bad. We’ll get the video shot and up later today, hopefully.
Happy Monday, everyone.
gingeredjess replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
Ugh, I hate when that happens.
jennhoney replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
and just like the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake, 2013 can still be delicious. I suggest Dense Chocolate Loaf in bed!
I like this idea. I’ll be in my bunk…but not in the way you think.
confusedfriendliness replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
evangotlib replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
Duuude…sorry. But hey, that’s good for the diet that it failed!
Actually, I picked this cake because it’ actually pretty low in calories and sugar per serving. But…well…keep reading.
womaninterrupted replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
bakewithavengeance replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
That’s what you get for calling it “Dense”. Rude, sir.
I know. I should be kinder to my baked goods.
I bet it’s still tasty!
accol replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
Chocolate is one of those things that is good regardless of the packaging. Great metaphor for good friends, y/y? :)
GREAT metaphor indeed, buddy.
ladyofthehouse replied to your photo: Wherein the Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake I was baking…
oh. oh man, but you know that’s the kind of failure you eat with loving shame. it didn’t work, but destroying all the evidence will be wonderful.
This is true. I just got off a FaceTime call with Stacie, and we have decided to put spoonfuls of it in a bowl, warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds, top it with some vanilla bean ice cream and salted caramel sauce, and call it “Oops Chocolate Cake Sundae”.
That will help take the sting off the fail.
Thanks everyone. =)
Yes! I know this episode and I don’t know anything, but I know this. Yay!
shaka, when the walls fell.
Shaka… when the walls fell.
Very, very good.
We’ve been re-watching all of them, and just got to this episode tonight. One of the best of the entire series.
womaninterrupted replied to your photo: Tonight: Roasted Squash with Apples, Cranberries,…
I love this. It it dinner or dessert?
Um…yeah. That’s totally what this is…dinner. Because, you know, there is no possible way that we are also going to be putting cookies in the oven here shortly.
We'll be at helm's deep for pizza night. Prepare accordingly.
Oh, don’t tease me. That would be too awesome for words. It’s been quite a few weeks since we’ve had anyone over for Helm’s Deep Pizza Night. Our doors are always open every Friday. If the internet ever showed up, I think it would immediately turn into the best pizza party ever.
Tigger's safe. He was in my way in the closet do he got thrown in there.
Oh good. I thought I was going to totally have to call you out as an Eeyore. :-)
Damn, sorry to hear that man. I hope it is not expensive.
Damn. I hate when that happens. Sending you good thoughts.
Ugh. There’s in too much bad car juju going around here right now. Sending positive thoughts your way that you guys get through this.
Sending good vibes your way!
Ugh Ralph :( Here’s to hoping Darth Vader shows up on your doorstep with a TARDIS full of Daleks who want nothing more than to exterminate your car problems (you know, before attempting to dominate the planet…). Hey at least your cars would work!
Thank you all. And thanks to theotherkels because I really need a good laugh right now. Honestly, we’re not really sure what we’re going to do, but knowing we have an awesome community of people out there who are thinking about us definitely helps.
Tag! You’re it! The rules are to state 10 random facts about yourself. Then, go to your ten favorite blogs and tell them that they are it!
Hmm…10? This is gonna be tough, but here goes:
- When I was in high school, I entertained the thought of majoring in Theater or Music. We had an amazing drama program at our school, and I was in numerous musicals and plays. I even wrote and directed a one-act play my senior year. I was also in show choir and marching band. Yup, just a total liberal arts geek.
- I don’t like coconut. At all. Don’t know if it’s more the flavor or the texture, but it always makes me gag. Now, if a recipe has used coconut milk in it, and it’s baked in well enough, I usually can’t tell. But I better not ever catch you putting that crap in my coffee.
- I started working with a really cool client back in July, doing something I’ve never done before professionally. I’m really enjoying the challenge.
- Although I’ve been to both Canada and Mexico several times, I’ve never been outside of North America. This makes me sad. It’s something I definitely want to rectify, but, ya know, money, time, etc.
- If you’ve been hanging around here long enough, you’ll know I’m an unapologetic Prince fan, and have been since 1982, when I heard the song “Controversy” playing on the radio, and my mom came in and told me she didn’t want me listening to him. I’ve always loved jazz and funk fused together. I was raised on Coltrane, Parker, Basie, Armstrong, Gillespie, Earth Wind + Fire, Tower of Power, Stevie Wonder, Sly & The Family Stone, etc. Prince was a natural evolution to that. Even though his lyrics were considered “naughty” for the time, he was breaking down barriers to what was considered “black music” and “white music” just as much, if not more, than Michael Jackson did…and that’s no offense to Michael at all.
- I’ve been working on some night sky time-lapses this past month, testing out my gear, etc., and am looking forward to heading someplace this fall with little-to-no light pollution to try and properly capture the beauty of the night sky here in the PNW.
- The very first time I met Stacie was at a Pizzeria Uno in downtown Dayton, Ohio. During dinner (we were with a small group), we both agreed that the coffee there was crap, and started discussing our love of the bean. Meeting a beautiful and intelligent fellow coffee snob was what first piqued my interest in her, and her interest in me. Coffee: it brings people together.
- I used to be able to quote verbatim, including soundtrack musical cues, the opening 5-10 minutes of both The Lost Boys and Forrest Gump. I haven’t tried to in a while. Now I wonder if I still can.
- I have never once suffered the symptoms of “Bieber Fever” or had a broken bone.
- I fenced épée in high shcool all four years, and came in second place at the state tournament my senior year, which means I could probably kick Dr. Baffled’s ass in a sword fight.